What is SchoolScreener EZ?
SchoolScreener EZ is an on-line vision screening system created to enable schools to easily identify children who may have poor vision, including problems with colour vision.Read more
Children are often unaware that they have a vision problem. Their vision may have always been that way so they accept it as “normal”.
Identifying and addressing vision problems early can:
- Improve the standard of distance and near vision
- Reduce symptoms of eye strain and headaches
- Improve hand eye co-ordination
- Increase attention span when performing visual tasks
- Improve pupil engagement and reduce disruptive behaviour
- Positively impact social and educational development
- Avoid misdiagnosis of dyslexia and other learning difficulties.
Vision problems can develop at any age. Currently a small number of NHS regions screen students when they start school but none screen again following this.
“We are delighted to be able to offer this free vision screening tool to all schools nationwide. A child’s eyesight will continue to develop right up to the age of eight years old and a number of eyecare issues can be corrected by an optician if detected before this time.
Amblyopia or lazy eye is a common condition and needs to be picked up by the age of five realistically to be treated. Thus the ability to screen children’s vision regularly throughout their early schooling will be very beneficial.”
Specsavers founder and optometrist Dame Mary Perkins.
Thanks to the support of Specsavers, SchoolScreenerEZ is be available to all schools in the UK completely free of charge.
Register now to receive the free screening kit, including everything you need to use the system in your school.